Services: 6 cakes
Whipping up these savoury bites couldn’t be easier. Mix gram flour with water to form a smooth batter, then add the remaining ingredients and bake in a muffin tin for 20 minutes. A deliciously vegan light lunch ready in less than 30 minutes.
In case you’ve never used it before, gram flour is made from chickpeas and yellow split peas. It’s what’s generally used to make Indian pakoras and onion bhajis so, in the supermarket you will find it in the World Foods section.
So here’s how you can make these savoury cakes at home-have a fabulous weekend guys!
Perfect for brunch, lunch or as snack, these savoury cakes are delicious, vegan and gluten-free too!
• 100g gram flour
• 150ml cold water
• 5tbsp tinned sweetcorn, drained
• 2 spring onions-green and white parts, finely chopped
• 1tsp sweet paprika
• 1 red chilli pepper deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
• A pinch of salt
• Mixed salad and sweet chilli sauce to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
2. Using a whisk, mix gram flour and water in a large mixing bowl to form a smooth batter. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well using a fork.
3. Lightly grease a 6-hole muffin tin (no need to do this if you are using a silicone bakeware) and spoon the mixture evenly among the holes. Bake in the middle of the oven for approximately 20 minutes until the cakes are set and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
4. Serve warm with a side salad and sweet chilli sauce.
Suitable for vegans