Another week, another quick meal prep idea to make lunchtime tasty, healthy and exciting… and keep me in check, especially after a very indulging Easter weekend.
Are you enjoying this new series? I’m certainly enjoying making (and eating!) these colourful lunches and keeping up with meal prepping is helping me be more organised, especially those weeks when I’m chocka block with work and I don’t get to stop for a second during the day.
By the way, if you haven’t seen it already, don’t forget that my Vegetarian Meal Prep for Beginners guide is live with step-by-step instructions on how I create these easy, balanced lunches as well as lots of useful tips.
White bean salad meal prep
I kept going on about healthy eating in last week’s meal prep post but then came Easter and my body composition rapidly became 60% water and 40% cheesecake thanks to this beauty. So after a weekend of indulgence, I really fancied something light, fresh but still full of flavour.
This White Bean Salad with Lemon & Sriracha Dressing is my new best friend for 3 reasons:
– 15 minutes prep: this is how long it takes to put together 4 healthy and balanced lunches. While I often use lack of time as a reason not to eat at my best, there are simply no excuses with something so easy.
– THAT DRESSING. Sharp, hot, a tiny bit garlicky. It’s THE thing that makes this salad work because, let’s be honest, cannellini beans are pretty bland by themselves. Mark my words: this is not the last time you see it featured on the blog.
– Lower in carbs… compared to my usual rice/pasta/bread/potato filled lunches. Now, I love carbs more than anyone should admit and I have no plans of going all low-carb on you guys! One thing I have to say though is that I’ve recently been finding myself flagging in the afternoon. So I’m trying to see whether reducing the amount of carbs I have for lunch does the trick so that I don’t feel so sluggish after lunch.
Having said that, my husband paired this White Bean Salad with toasted wholemeal pitta bread and he said it was delicious so I’ve added that to the recipe and then you can decide whether you fancy it or not.
Cannellini beans, crunchy peppers, sweetcorn and red onion with the most amazing homemade lemon & sriracha dressing for a light lunch full of flavour.
- Combine the extra virgin olive oil, sriracha sauce, lemon juice and salt to make the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beans, sweetcorn, peppers, red onion and coriander.
- To assemble your meal prep containers, evenly divide the white bean salad among 4 meal prep containers, storing the dressing separately until ready to serve.
- Keep refrigerated and serve with warmed wholemeal pittas.
Great quality glass storage containers: microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe.
Use these small pots to store dressings, sauces and dips.
The best leak-proof containers on the market if you want to use plastic containers instead of glass.
Don’t forget to save this recipe to your favourite Pinterest board for later!