As I mentioned in my recipe for chilli & ginger roasted carrots, I have a lot of love for roasted vegetables, even more so when they are kicked up a notch through the use of spices and fresh herbs.
I never used to care much for cauliflower and I must admit that until last year I’d never tried roasted cauliflower. But when I prepared it for the first time I just couldn’t believe what I’d been missing!
I was totally blown away by the amazing flavour, so much that it has now become my favourite way to enjoy this amazing yet overlooked vegetable.
This morning I have a very easy recipe for a super tasty side dish that I’m sure you’re going to love.
Slightly spicy, the cumin and the coriander are softened by the sweetness of the cauliflower and carrots for a side dish truly abundant with flavour.
So let’s see how to transform these humble vegetables into something amazing:
- 1 small cauliflower head (approximately 300g), cut into bite-size florets
- 3 large carrots, skin on, cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A large handful of fresh chopped coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the vegetables and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, the cumin and the coriander, then mix well to ensure the vegetables are evenly coated with the spices. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Transfer the vegetables to an ovenproof dish and roast for about 40 minutes golden and tender.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander and serve hot.
Do you adore roasted cauliflower as much as I do? What’s your favourite flavour combination?