To me nothing says weekend like a tasty curry. I’ve said it often here on the blog and on my Facebook page but curries are and will always be my ultimate comfort food. Who’s with me?
So with the weekend fast approaching, I thought I’d keep it yummy and simple with a 30-minute recipe that literally everyone can pull off.
This curry-in-a-hurry features a delicious mix of vegetables gently cooked in an aromatic coconut sauce. A total winner that tastes amazing and makes the most wonderful leftovers!
Instead of using individual spices and prepare the curry from scratch, I used a few tablespoons of ready-made korma paste, something that you can find in most supermarkets and will make your life a lot easier, especially if you find cooking with spices a little daunting.
This easy korma curry is also a great way to use up any vegetables you have left in the fridge. Anything from green beans and peppers to parsnips and mushrooms will work a treat.
All you need is approximately 1kg of fresh vegetables! Just chop all veggies so that they are roughly the same size and follow the steps below.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 large carrots, cut into thick slices
- 1 medium courgette, cut into thick slices
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp korma curry paste (I used Sainsbury’s)
- 1 400ml can coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Fresh chopped coriander for garnishing
- Prep all the vegetables making sure that all pieces are roughly the same size. This will ensure an even cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large deep non-stick frying pan and gently cook the vegetables for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add the korma paste, stir well, pour in the coconut milk, stir well again and cover. Cook covered for 10 minutes, remove the lid and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through but still firm.
- Season to taste, garnish with fresh chopped coriander and serve hot with boiled rice, chapatis or naan breads.
Love curry? Take a look at my Vegetarian keema curry with peas & potatoes!