I am a huge fan of roasted vegetables, especially at this time of the year. I love how roasting them totally transforms the way they taste, giving them a unique and yummy flavour that you don’t really get from any other cooking method.
Roasting massively intensifies their flavours as the water is allowed to evaporate and the natural sweetness of your veggies is brought out in an amazing way.
So although roasted vegetables are delicious on their own, this doesn’t mean you can’t experiment a little and include even more flavours… add a little spice and chopped fresh herbs and your side dish quickly turns into something rather beautiful.
This is exactly what I’ve done for today’s recipe, my jazzed up, fiery and fragrant version of roasted carrots…and when I say fiery, I mean it!! Also, take a look at my other recipe for Roasted cauliflower & carrots with cumin & coriander for another approach to roasted veg.Print
Looking for a simple way to jazz up your roasted carrots? Try this recipe to kick them up a notch!
- 4 large carrots, halved or quartered lengthways
- 1 5cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of fresh, chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the carrots in an ovenproof dish then add the ginger, the chilli flakes and the olive oil. Season with salt and mix well.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes. Add the chopped parsley and serve hot.
Suitable for vegans
Not keen on spicy food? You can leave the chilli flakes out and simply roast the vegetables with the ginger. The sweetness of the carrots and the tanginess of the ginger complement each other beautifully!
Do you roast vegetables at home? Do you have a favourite recipe?
Please share your veggie inspiration by commenting below!